St. Mary's Catholic Church Cemetery

Barnesville, Montgomery Co., MD

St. Mary's Catholic Church, Barnesville, is the second-oldest Catholic Church in Montgomery County, younger only than St. John's, Forest Glen and together with Monocacy Cemetery, Beallsville, is one of the principal cemetery sites in the western part of Montgomery County.
St. Mary's Church was built, and the cemetery established, about 1808, on a parcel of land donated by Zachariah Knott. The original Church building was completed under the supervision of a Fr. Plunkett. That building was destroyed by fire in 1900, and replaced by the present brick church which is still in daily use.
Most of the individual names following were supplied from the Church's records: those derived from other sources are identified by an asterisk following the surname.

A-G H-N O-Z Main

Compiled by and made available to The USGenWeb Tombstone Transcription Project by:
John D. Bowman (

This page was last updated May 22, 2003

For inquiries about MD cemeteries, burials or to submit a transcription to this Project, contact
the MD Tombstone Transcription Project Manager: Kathi Jones-Hudson

Montgomery Co. Tombstone Page
MD Tombstone Project
State Projects
MDGenWeb Archives

USGenWeb NOTICE: All documents placed in the USGenWeb Archives remain the property of the contributors, who retain publication rights in accordance with US Copyright Laws and Regulations.
In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, these documents may be used by anyone for their personal research. They may be used by non-commercial entities, when written permission is obtained from the contributor, so long as all notices and submitter information are included. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit.
Any other use, including copying files to other sites, requires permission from the contributors PRIOR to uploading to the other sites. The submitter has given permission to the USGenWeb Archives to store the file permanently for free access.

Copyright © USGenWeb Tombstone Project and Kathi Jones-Hudson, 1997-2012