Search the USGenWeb
Search Tips: courtesy of Carla Cegielski
- Searches are not case sensitive
- Valid operators are:  AND   OR   ANDNOT
- Right truncation is supported using the asterisk * as wildcard
- Search for phrases by enclosing search terms in quotation marks
- Use parentheses to remove ambiguity from search expressions. Otherwise,
operators execute from left to right.
- John AND Ruffin retrieves documents in which
the words John and Ruffin both appear somewhere in the document
- "John Ruffin" (with quotes)
retrieves occurrences where the word John appears next to the word Ruffin
- John Ruffin (without quotes)
finds documents where either the word John or the word Ruffin appears
- will OR probate returns
documents containing either word
- Midway ANDNOT Appling retrieves documents
that contain the word Midway but not the word Appling
- Richards* finds all words
beginning with Richards, including Richards, Richardsen, Richardson, etc.
- Ruffin AND (deed* OR indenture*)
Use parentheses to ensure results. This search expression retrieves documents
containing Ruffin and either deed, deeds, indenture, or indentures.
Without the parentheses, it will find documents containing Ruffin and deed or
deeds OR documents that contain the words indenture or indenture
whether they contain the search term Ruffin or not.
Nebraska Archives Table of Contents
Search the USGenWeb Archives (other States)
USGenWeb Archives Table of Contents
CNIDR Isearch-cgi 1.1
You are the [an error occurred while processing this directive]
visitor since May 15th, 1998. Thank you for stopping by.
USGenWeb Archives Project
Copyright © 1997, 1998. All rights reserved.
The format of this page is based on the work of Carla Cegielski with her permission. Thank you Carla!