Examples of searches:
If you have trouble or need any help email me. Please do not email the Orleans Parish mailing list. This takes up to much of Rootsweb space.
TIPS FOR SEARCHING RECORDS ON THE INTERNET
Netscape & Ms Explorer users: If searching for a particular surname, locality or date while going through the records in the archives or anywhere....try these few steps:
1. Go to the top of the report you are searching.
2. Click on EDIT at the top of your screen.
3. Next click on FIND in the edit menu.
4. When the square pops up, enter what you are looking for in the FIND WHAT ___________blank.
5. Click on DIRECTION __DOWN.
6. And last click on FIND NEXT and continue to click on FIND
NEXT until you reach the end of the report. This should highlight the item that you indicated in "find what" every place it appears in the report. You must continue to click on FIND NEXT till you reach the end of the report to see all of the locations of the item indicated.
Get Involved! We are looking for people to donate transcriptions of cemeteries, deeds, censuses, Bible records, etc. If you have a Plaquemines Parish file you'd like to donate to help other genealogist and thePlaquemines Parish USGenWeb Project, please contact Dee Beck Here's an easy way to get involved: start indexing the obituaries in your local newspaper. It only takes a few minutes a day and it can help so many people.
Back to ... Orleans Parish Archives
Go to ... Orleans Parish Genealogy
Orleans Parish Archives FTP Directory
© 1999-2008 Darnell Marie Brunner-Beck