BRACKEN COUNTY KYGENWEB
Compiled Data Files
On This Page:
Bracken County Abstracted Records
2005 COPYRIGHT NOTICE
These electronic pages and their contents are the intellectual property of Marla J. McCullough for the KYGenWeb Project, and are protected under U.S. copyright laws. These pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by any other organization or persons. Re-publication of this material by commercial compilers, including the reloading of these page in frames from another website, is an explicit violation of copyright laws.
click here to be re-directed to the FREE USGenWeb Bracken County website.
This public record index contains the records of 5,080 Bracken County births compiled by the Kentucky Department of Health during the period 1911-1930. The files were contributed by Nancy Trice. I have formatted and sorted them two ways to facilitate searching:
- Search the 1911-1920 Birth Certificates by Child's Surname, or by Mother's Maiden Surname
- Search the 1921-1930 Birth Certificates by Child's Surname, or by Mother's Maiden Surname
You may also search using your browser's search feature, but it may cause you to miss important entries due to variants on spelling.
To obtain a regular or certified copy of a birth certificate from 1911 to the present and death records from 1953 to the present, write: the Office of Vital Statistics, 275 East Main Street-1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621
- 1854 Bracken County Births, KY Vital Records File #994029
- Bracken County Death Certificates 1900-1929
- Bracken County Death Certificates 1930-1959
- Bracken County Death Certificates 1960-1979
- Bracken County Death Certificates 1980-1993
- Bracken County Death Certificates 1994-1999
- 1852 Bracken County Deaths, KY Vital Records Film #994029
- Contributed Death Certificate Images, persons with Bracken County connections.
These books are the first five installments of a work in progress by Kathy Hines and Gail Childress for contribution to the Mason County KyGenWeb Archives. Kathy has granted permission to present them on the Bracken County site. Mason County is a parent county of Bracken, and many early Bracken Countians married in Mason County.
The transcriptions include the names of bondsmen and other notations found on the original records. Please note that the inclusive years of the abstracted file groups do not correspond to the inclusive years of the Marriage Register volumes on file in the Mason County Clerk's office. If you send for a marriage record, provide only the bride and groom's name and the date of the entry.
- Abstracted Marriages 1, 1789-1805, Mason County, KY - Sorted by Groom's Surname - Sorted by Bride's Surname
- Abstracted Marriages 2, 1806-1817, Mason County, KY - Sorted by Groom's Surname - Sorted by Bride's Surname
- Abstracted Marriages 3, 1818-1826, Mason County, KY - Sorted by Groom's Surname - Sorted by Bride's Surname
- Abstracted Marriages 4, 1827-1837, Mason County, KY - Sorted by Groom's Surname - Sorted by Bride's Surname
- Abstracted Marriages 5, 1838-1845, Mason County, KY - Sorted by Groom's Surname - Sorted by Bride's Surname
- Link to ALL Mason County abstracted marriages through 1892. MANY Bracken County references in this database!
1790 Kentucky Census Substitute from Tax Lists
Link to complete 1790 Kentucky Census Substitute, courtesy Suzanne Shephard, Carroll County KYGenWeb CC
1810 US Census for Bracken County
Complete 1810 Census enumeration abstracted from the original census rolls. Compiled and contributed by Marla McCullough.
US Census Slave Schedules for Bracken County
Complete 1850 US Census Slave Schedule enumeration abstracted from the original census rolls. Compiled and contributed by Marla McCullough.
Complete 1860 US Census Slave Schedule enumeration abstracted from the original census rolls. Compiled and contributed by Marla McCullough.
1880 US Census Links
Link to LDS FamilySearch 1880 U.S. Census Images (searchable-free)
Link to Ancestry.com 1880 U.S. Census Images (searchable-free)
1890 US Census Veterans Schedules
Stories differ about the circumstances, but the fact remains that the entire 1890 U.S. Census general population schedules were lost in a fire. The Veteran's Schedules were stored separately and thus were spared.
Bracken County is a parent county of Robertson County, formed 1867. Many men enumerated in Robertson County lived in Bracken County at the time of their Civil War service between 1860 and 1865.
Bracken County and Robertson County schedules abstracted from the microfilmed originals. These are the complete text, not an index. Compiled and contributed by Marla McCullough.
- U.S. Census 1890 Veterans Schedule for Bracken County
- U.S. Census 1890 Veterans Schedule for Robertson County
The Bracken County News has graciously granted permission to re-publish items of genealogical or historical interest here on the Bracken County KyGenWeb. Currently, two types of articles are being transcribed or scanned. They are:
- Names in old obituaries, a regular feature in the "From Our Files" section of the weekly Bracken County News, and;
- Scanned news articles about reunions, historical commemorations, and other topics related to genealogy and history.
- Bracken County News Historic Names in 'Tabitha's Tidbits'
- An index of 2005 Obituaries in the Bracken County News
- An index of 2004 Obituaries in the Bracken County News
- An index of 2003 Obituaries in the Bracken County News
- Neave Methodist Church Cemetery Tombstones
- Link to USGenWeb Tombstone Transcription Project, Bracken County, KY
- Bracken County List of 1840 Pensioners, generously transcribed and contributed to this site by James Baker, Jr.
- Bracken County Civil War Soldiers
- List of 1884 Bracken County Atlas Patrons , contributed by Bonnie Snow
Link to Strictly by Name. For a nominal charge, this service says they will provide copies of public domain records along with a transcription of the data to ensure you can read it. Two Bracken County will books are in their current inventory. View the on-line abstract of:
- Bracken County Wills-Probate Records Vol A Index (1798-1823)
- Bracken County Wills-Probate Records Vol B Index (1815-1823)
- To purchase copies, print the order form
Note: I have not used their services. This link is provided as a courtesy and not an endorsement.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED