Mrs. Mary Brown Biography

	This biography appears on page 474 in "History of Minnehaha 
	County, South Dakota" by Dana R. Bailey and was scanned, OCRed 
	and edited by Joy Fisher, http://www.rootsweb.com/~archreg/vols/00001.html#0000031
.

	This file may be freely copied by individuals and non-profit 
	organizations for their private use. 

	Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval 
	system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other 
	means requires the written approval of the file's author.

	This file is part of the SDGENWEB Archives. If you arrived here inside
	a frame or from a link from somewhere else, our front door is at

	http://www.usgwarchives.net/sd/sdfiles.htm


BROWN, MRS. MARY, came to Sioux Falls with her husband, Thomas H. 
Brown, in 1872.  Her first home was not in the barracks, but on the 
contrary she resided in the first frame house built in the little 
hamlet. Mrs. Brown is prominent in social matters, and is well known 
throughout the state, especially among the members of the Eastern Star 
and the Woman's Relief Corps, in which organizations she has held high 
official positions.  During the World's Fair at Chicago, she made her 
home at the South Dakota building, and contributed largely to the 
comfort and entertainment of its visitors.