Andrew O. Almos Biography This biography appears on page 434 in "History of Minnehaha County, South Dakota" by Dana R. Bailey and was scanned, OCRed and edited by Joy Fisher, http://www.rootsweb.com/~archreg/vols/00001.html#0000031 . This file may be freely copied by individuals and non-profit organizations for their private use. Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other means requires the written approval of the file's author. This file is part of the SDGENWEB Archives. If you arrived here inside a frame or from a link from somewhere else, our front door is at http://www.usgwarchives.net/sd/sdfiles.htm ALMOS, ANDREW O., was born in Norway November 22, 1849, and was raised on a farm. He emigrated to Lansing, Iowa, in 1870, and worked there at the carpenter's trade seven years. He came to Sioux Falls May 12, 1878, and since then has been engaged as a contractor and builder. He built the Lowell school house, and the Lutheran Normal school buildings, and several of the best residences in the city, and has also built a number of churches in the county. He is a good citizen.