Colorado USGenWeb Archives
Coaldale, Fremont County
The photo above shows the newly painted walk gate into the cemetery at
Coaldale, Colorado. The cemetery is only 10 feet off the road from Hayden Creek
Road, County Road 6 in western Fremont County.
The photographs in this portion of the archives were contributed by:
Ann Koch (ak)
Carol McNew (cm)
This page was last updated
Saturday, 14-Jun-2008 11:53:34 EDT
Headstones: | A | B | C |
D | E | F |
G | H | I | J |
K | L | M | N |
O | P | Q |
R | S | T | U | V |W
| X | Y | Z |
(Click on the blue underlined name to
download the tombstone photograph)
(Black underline indicates uncertain of information)
- Ashlock, Charles M, 1908-1986,
PFC US ARMY, World War II, Mason; and wife,
Myrtle F, 1908-1997 (cm)
- Charles Ashlock and his wife, "Monie," were accomplished musicians.
They played for many dances throughout the area for many years--he on his
organ, and she on the base viol. They lived in Coaldale for the latter half
of their lives.
- Benton, Gertrude, 1896-1944;
and Guy, 1884-1940 (cm)
- The Bentons were pioneers in the Pleasant Valley of Western Fremont
County. They still have descendents who live in the valley.
- Carson, Dudley C, 1848-1916,
nephew of Kit Carson (cm)
- Kit Carson's nephew, Dudley, worked at the Gypsum quarry for Mr. Gilray,
and was killed by a falling rock. The stone was erected by the quarry
- Clayborn, Sarah A, died April
5, 1887, aged 18 mo 1? ds (cm)
- Denek, Thomas, 1867-1937; and
Kittie, 1874-1953 (cm)
- Thomas and Kittie Denek were early pioneers of western Fremont County;
they developed a beautiful ranch in the Pleasant Valley.
- Koch, Ronald Charles, Mar 16,
1919-Nov 7, 1987, TECH 5 US ARMY, World War II (ak)
- Son of Charles A. & Ruth Ada (Poet) Koch, married 12 Dec 1949, Violet M.
Crawford (see McLaren below).
- Lanoue, Alfred P, Dec 20,
1856-Mar 7, 1910 (cm)
- The Lanoue family homesteaded the property from which the cemetery was
carved in late 1800s.
- Madson, M, Mar, 28,
1853-July 18, 1897 (cm)
- The beautiful iron enclosure is marked with the name MADSON. There are
several iron enclosures at the Coaldale Cemetery.
- McLaren, Violet M., May 17,
1934-Oct 13, 1996 (ak)
- Daughter of Lorin & Nora (Madison) Crawford, married (1) 12 Dec 1949,
Ronald Charles Koch (see above) and (2) Hubert McLaren.
- Muehlbach, Louis, 1840-1913
- An early pioneer in the Coaldale area.
- Porter, Stella B. [Zdeneks/Denek],
1900-1968; and Lloyd L, 1921-[blank]
- Stella was the daughter and heir of early Fremont County Pioneers,
Thomas & Kittie Denek.
- Toupain, Joseph, Jan 5,
1873-Jan 6, 1879 (cm)
- Joseph's was one of the earliest burial at the cemetery.
Do you have any headstone photos from this or any other Colorado cemetery to
add to the collection? If so, see How To Contribute.
Return to: Fremont
Return to: Colorado Tombstone Photo Project Page
Contributed for use by the USGenWeb Archive Project (http://www.usgenweb.org)
and by the COGenWeb Archive Project
USGENWEB NOTICE: These electronic photographs may NOT be reproduced in any
format for profit or presentation by other organizations or persons. Persons or
organizations desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent of
the contributor, or the legal representative of the submitter, and contact the
listed USGenWeb archivist with proof of this consent. The submitter has given
permission to the USGenWeb Archives to store the file permanently for free