argenweb AR Archives logo usgenweb archives

 
Cleveland County Cemetery Photographs

This page was last updated: 04 July 2013


Greenwood Cemetery
aka Rison Cemetery
on Old Cemetery Rd, Rison, Arkansas

"This cemetery was established February 7, 1900 on five acres of land purchased from Mr & Mrs N B Chowning. The original trustees were J G Culpepper, Jesse Harrison & B F Quinn, who died February 26, 1900, & was the first person buried here. The cemetery was known as Rison Cemetery until the 1940's when the name was changed to Greenwood Cemetery. In 1982 Reverend Harold D & Ruby M Sadler gave four & one half acres of land for enlargement of the cemetery on the north side. A trust fund was established in 1982 to provide for permanent maintenance of the cemetery."


Submit Photos
Return to Cleveland County Cemetery Photos
Return to Tombstone Photos
Return to Cleveland County Archives
Return to Tombstone Transcription Project

This page is maintained by Gina Heffernan
Copyright 1998-present USGenWeb Archives. All rights reserved.
http://www.usgwarchives.net/copyright.htm